On 3 Performance 55mm GT30 Series Turbocharger
On 3 Performance is currently stocking and shipping daily the newest addition to our turbo product line. This turbo will be capable of supporting 525HP while a majority of our customers running these are in the 300-400 range on 4 cylinder applications. Our primary application here, we run them on our Twin Turbo Mustang kits and make a very wide spectrum of power from 450-1000hp. They are very quick into boost, very reliable when properly maintained and will make great power
Here at On 3 Performance we have started to build around a lot of these 55mm and 61mm turbochargers over the last year or so. We have had great results and haven’t really pushed them as hard as some of the other turbochargers we sell. They work excellent and have made great power so we need to get the word out. Also the new stainless steel exhaust housing option with the v-banded inlet is a sweet upgrade to allow for a quick simple install or removal. If you are building your own system or already have the t3 v-band style manifold inlet, this is perfect for you. Only a $159 upgrade
As far as applications go, this turbocharger is a great unit for those building 1.5-3.5L engines on a single turbo application. Also for those building Twin Turbo applications, this is exactly what most of our new builds revolve around and have the potential to easily reach 1000+. For instance, our new single turbo BMW 335i setup is designed around using our On 3 Performance 55mm or 61mm turbo and uses our newest Stainless Steel housing you see here. Its into boost quick, makes great power (484/442) with around 16psi of boost. Our twin turbo applications using these turbocharger, we generally are in the 500 to 1000 territory. Example of use would be our newest shop Twin Turbo Silverado system. We tested with a bone stock long block 5.3 and using a set of the On 3 55mm GT30 turbos and of course the stainless steel upgraded exhaust housings. This truck was able to make 602/675 on 13psi with plenty more left in it. So as you can see these units are very versatile and have potential for a lot of applications. You don’t have to spend $1500 anymore for a nice upgrade unit. You can spend a fraction with us on a proven turbocharger that we back up with solid performance data and time tested
Looking at our turbocharger options, your going to have to make 4 selections
- Select your compressor cover, you have 2 options to go with. We have the 4” inlet Anti-surge cover with the 2.5” outlet. Then your other option is the On 3 Compact Cover which is a 3” inlet and 2” outlet.
- You will need to make your decision on either a Journal Bearing or Ceramic Ball Bearing. Ball bearing is always going to spool faster and provide more longevity when put in situations where you’re spinning the turbo hard for long periods of time.
- Cast wheel or Billet wheel. Billet wheel is going to make more power, it is an 11 blade billet wheel, the shape and curvature of the blades can be much more precise on a billet piece vs a cast piece. This allows for a better design than the base cast wheel.
- Select your exhaust housing and you have a few different options. The base pricing is setup for the traditional cast .63ar housing with the 3” 4 bolt outlet design.
- Lastly, you will need to make your decision on either a Journal Bearing or Ceramic Ball Bearing. Ball bearing is always going to spool faster and provide more longevity when put in situations where you’re spinning the turbo hard for long periods of time.
Each of our GT series turbochargers you are looking at are listed up with the Journal bearing CHRA and will come standard with the traditional T3 4 bolt inlet and 3” 4 bolt outlet exhaust housing with .63ar.
Included Standard (Turbo B In Photo):
– On 3 Performance GT30 55mm Turbocharger
– Compact Cover Compressor Housing, 3” inlet / 2” outlet
– Exhaust housing: T3 Traditional 4 Bolt w/ 4 Bolt 3” outlet
Should you want any of the optional items show, you must select in the drop down menu or leave us a message when ordering and we can contact you if you are not certain. Easier to make sure your selecting the correct model now than having to return and deal with that process.
Compressor Wheel Inducer 55mm
3.0” Inlet and 2.0” Compressor Outlet
Exhaust Housing T-3 Flange – Undivided
Available in 2 A/R sizes – .63 Standard / .82 is 3″ vbanded exit ($40 upgrade fee)
NEW SS V-BANDED INLET AND OUTLET OPTIONS!!!! AS NICE AS IT GETS!!!!
3.0″ 4 bolt outlet (standard .63ar)
360 degree Thrust Bearing
We have ran our turbochargers on anything from a daily driver to just the weekend cruiser. When setup properly they are very reliable and make exceptional power. The On 3 Performance 2002 GT on our website has our 70mm unit and has been daily driven, put through quite a few passes at the track, nearly 30,000 miles to this point and still in perfect operating condition.
Recommend Turbo Feed and Drain:
To ensure the longevity of your turbocharger, we normally run 1/8″ feed and a 5/8″ return. This is very important and without this properly sized, you can cause damage to the product.
Free to the lower 48 US states and email prior to buying if you are outside so we can run a shipping quote. When processing your order, YOU MUST HAVE MATCHING BILLING AND SHIPPING TO THE CREDIT CARD!!! If you do not, the order will fail and will not be processed
All Ohio residents are subject to 7.50% sales tax